Wheeler & Taylor Insurance, Inc. is an equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not use personal information in our hiring process and are dedicated to hiring the person who is best suited for our jobs without any knowledge or consideration of any individual`s membership in any protected class. Any personal information found on the application or any supporting documentation will be removed as soon as it is discovered. All applications received by Wheeler & Taylor Insurance, Inc. will only remain active for one year.
Wheeler & Taylor Insurance, Inc. is committed to promoting safety and high standards of employee performance, productivity and reliability. In order to achieve this, all finalists may be subjected to a drug test prior to being hired to assure the Company that the applicant does not currently have narcotics, sedatives, stimulants and/or other controlled substances in his/her body. Further, A Test Account supports a Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
Posting Date: 3/28/2016
Department: Financial Services
Position: Account Executive / Producer
Summary: The primary mission of the Account Executive (AE) is to sell and service insurance to new and current clients by prospecting, soliciting and quoting benefits for individuals and businesses. The AE is expected to grow the business by meeting or exceeding sales targets and providing superior service and quality to clients.
Duties: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identifies and develops insurance prospects and appropriate markets.
• Contacts prospective clients and explains the features and merits of policies offered, recommends amount and type of coverage based on an analysis of the prospects needs.
• Meets with clients to deliver and explain the features of the policy. Suggests changes or additions to the client’s insurance program. Works with clients to ensure adequate coverage and necessary limits.
• Prepares quotes, calculates premium and completes applications and related documentation for appropriate insurance markets.
• Develops and executes sales objectives, creating a profitable book of business for the agency and carriers.
• Implements the agency’s pre-renewal customer contact program. Regularly contacts clients to consult on issues and concerns.
• Creates sales proposals and makes presentation to prospective and existing clients on new and renewal business
• Builds lasting relationships with clients.
• Makes presentations at various management meetings.
• Works closely with the agency’s Account Mangers to service the clients and respond to any questions that may arise.
• Maintains sufficient documentation with respect to coverage, limitations, restrictions to reduce the agency’s errors and omission exposure.
• Reviews work to ensure consistency and quality
• Drives for results
• Ability to work well with others
• Participates in special projects as necessary
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: • Bachelors Degree or equivalent from a four year college or technical school or four years relevant experience
• Obtain license and other professional designations within agreed upon time frame if necessary
• Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
• Effective communication skills both oral and written
• Ability to make sound decisions
• Working knowledge of Epic and other desktop applications
• Self motivated and action oriented
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or bend and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities needed by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described above.